5.19.2010

Sunday Stars

Sunday was Stars day. The group gathered at my house to tackle Clark Gable. Hahahaha. Before our meeting, there was much talk via e-mail about his reported halitosis problem, which I believe was caused by dentures and more than likely also poor dental hygiene. He was still dashing nonetheless, thanks to the lack of smell-o-vision.

When we started on Stars, everyone's progress was all over the place, but this week we seem to have evened out a bit. One stitcher is excused for being a bit behind because she's been juggling a few balls in addition to trying to stitch on very rare occasions: college, family (husband and two children), and a Web business. In all honesty, she hasn't had much of a chance to stitch at all. All are agreed, however, that we love the bargello bits in Clark's square. Some of us do not like working with the crewel wool, especially me; others like it. It's not a thread I'd choose given other options. It gets fuzzy and seems much duller than the other threads we're using on this piece. Then again, I'm a silk lover.

Herewith our progress toward the end of the session on Sunday:


Taryn finally got started this week. Yay! She's doing hers in the Peacock colorway, as am I.


Donna's Cherry Blossom colorway is working up just beautifully.


Sharon is working from the top down, in Tony's original colorway, which looks so much nicer in person than in the cover picture.


Julie is also working in the original colorway.


JoAnn, ever the individual, is working from the bottom up in the Jelly Bean colorway. It's really quite striking.


This is mine. Last night at the stitching group I managed to finish my bargello section. I really do like the way it looks. Please excuse the upside-down photo. When I rotated it to right-side-up, it looked a bit bizarre.


And now, I have to get to work.

kthxbai.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah!!! I've been scrolling through your posts and everything is so beautiful! I think I may have found a new type of project to try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work on all canvases!

    ReplyDelete