Florentine Fancywork Finish!

     It's been a busy week, but I've finally got time to sit down and post a picture of the finished "Florentine Fancywork."

     Ta-da! Overall, I'm happy with the final result. As those of you who have followed my achingly slow progress with this know, there are certain bits I'm not so happy with. But as a learning experience, I'd call it very successful. I am much more confident in my grasp of bargello, enough that I feel capable of tackling a design for the small footstool. I've learned about what threads I like for bargello, and what ones I'll avoid if at all possible. They're very nice threads, but I don't like working with them on this type of needlework. That would be most stranded floss, cotton, silk, bamboo, whatever. (I left out rayon because it's a given that I would never, ever use it for anything. I'll always find something else. My experience using it on "Turnberry Ridge" confirmed that.)

     So I'm back to stitching the ANG stitch of the month mystery, working on the June installment. I've seen two that are complete through August, and they're beautiful! I can't wait to see how my colors work up.



  1. I love it Sara Leigh! It's so pretty!

  2. It looks wonderful. I've missed a few of your blog posts, but am so happy to see it finished. You did a wonderful job on it!!