1.05.2011

Still Alive, Still Sort of Stitching

     I can't believe how long it's been since I posted anything. Sadly, part of the reason is my lack of significant progress on any of my ongoing projects. I did manage to get another half of a fleur-de-lis crescent done correctly on Prelude to Peace, but also confirmed that I have to stitch this piece when I'm all alone in my stitchy corner with no distractions other than the background noise of the Cooking Channel. Lest you misunderstand, I only have the one-half motif done after having picked out the first attempt. I have had success, though, using the extremely long "Hilton length" of Flair.

     I'm also slowly reaching the end of the 2010 Stitch of the Month. I'm proud to say that I'm working away on the November segment, which should go quickly if I apply myself. And therein lies the problem. I seem to have lost my stitching mojo and hope to find it soon!

     I've actually started a small, new project. For Christmas, my daughter gave me the Zombie Cross-Stitch kit! Hahahahaha. She found it in June last year and obviously knew on sight that it was perfect for her mom. It's a gift that embraces two of my obsessions: stitching (obviously) and the books of Christopher Moore, who doesn't just write books with zombies but usually has some supernatural creature (or two) in them and has written three vampire books that aren't your typical vampire books. Anyway, I insisted that she pick one of the 10 or 12 designs for me to stitch for her. She chose Miss Zombie USA, and I've been working on that in the last two stitching group meetings.

     I hope to have some progress pictures to post in a few days, as I devote my evenings to doing more stitchy things and fewer iPad-y things.

     Kthxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment