7.17.2017

Progress?

It's been over a month since I posted that I planned to organize my needlework stash. I know you're all on pins and needles waiting to hear what I've done.

The short answer? Zip, zilch, nada. But I have put a lot of thought into how I want to organize my threads. It means basically starting from scratch.

You see, I've been doing much more painted canvas over the past year or two and much, much less counted canvaswork. Color families are much more important than thread numbers or names now. Even when I do counted work now, I end up changing the colors to my taste. Having all my threads sorted by color families would make that much easier.

My main problem now is doing it. I've been putting it off while waiting for some work to be done in my condo. It was originally supposed to be done in early July, but that didn't happen. So I'm now in the middle of it. I hope to have my space back next week so I can get started on sorting my threads. Perhaps after I hang some pictures.

I'm planning to do the sorting and organizing in the guest room, but that's the repository for all the pictures that need hanging. I will have to tackle that to free up the bed for sorting. And for guests, should I have an overnight guest.

I have been doing some stitching on a number of large projects. I do a little bit on one, then a little bit on another. It all adds up to looking like very little being accomplished. That's why I love my small projects. Those I can get done. A recent finish was a jewelry box for my eldest sister's birthday earlier this month.

The insert is a Mindy design that fit perfectly. The jewelry box is by Lee. This was such an easy finish! And the whole project was easily finished in a reasonable amount of time.

So that's where I am this month. I wonder if I'll make any progress that I can report next time. I mean, how hard can it be to reorganize all my threads? Don't answer that!

Kthxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment