9.26.2020

2020, Month by Painful Month

I'm now up to the current never-ending year of 2020. Let's see what I've accomplished so far.

My local chapter of the American Needlepoint Guild, Potomac Chapter, has had a year-long challenge for 2020: Complete at least 20 needlepoint projects (stitching, not final finishing). I'm not doing as well as I had hoped, but I started off well. I got bogged down with a major project for several months, which is finished now but can't be shown until November.

January


 
 
The heart is my own invention. I was striving for a sand and sea effect. The white on red ornament is Potomac Chapter's 2019 Holiday Surprise, Winter Frost, designed by Donna LaBranche.

And I even finished the first one in a Sudberry coaster as a gift.


February

A group of us started stitching the ANG 2019 Stitch of the Month in October or November 2019, when we knew what it would look like. This is as far as I've gotten. I need to return to it.


March


This is the only piece I finished stitching, but I was working on a couple other things during the month. The pandemic set in mid-month. Arg.

April

A variation on Winter Frost, which I rather like.

And I was working on another piece or two.

May


This is an ornament designed by Melissa Shirley, which I snapped up for a song at the ANG Seminar auction when it was in DC. It took me a while to get started, and once started, it's taken me a while to get it to this point. It's nearly done. I have to finish the black background, which I've been doing a little at a time, because black on black. And I'm not happy with the stem and may rip it out.


This was a wedding gift for an April wedding that became an intimate affair that I watched via a Facebook Live video instead of attending in person. No fancy stitches. The design is intricate enough on its own.

And I'll leave you here. In May I started on a project that would consume all my stitching time until September. Stay tuned for what I'm working on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment