10.16.2009

Finish, WIP, On Deck

It's picture time! I finally have pictures of everything I want to show. Time passes by me like a rushing river lately.
First up, the final, framed "Morning Glory," which I gave to my sister for her 60th birthday in September.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and it will be officially published in November.
I've made some good progress on "Turnberry Ridge." I just have two things left, I think. The fills for the triangles in the outer border and the fills, the eyebrows as Jean Hilton calls them, in the inner diamond border.
And finally, the piece by Tony Minieri, "Stars for a New Millennium," which a group of us are going to stitch together for, oh, probably the next couple of years. Hahahahahaha.
This colorway was stitched by Susie Matthews. Selecting the colors will be the first major step in the process and should prove a fun experience. There are only 38 different thread colors and 18 different thread types. I mean, how hard can it be?
kthxbai.

4 comments:

  1. Picking threads for Stars will be fun! I have mine chosen but haven't touched the project yet. (someday) The colors I wanted to do didn't have an overdye so I made up one, mixing two overdyes in tones of the two colors I wanted. If you find yourself unable to commit to an overdye, I urge you to pick four solid colors you like and make your own overdye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo... Morning Glory turned out lovely (I'm not sure I saw it finished, but I know I saw it in progress).

    Stars for the New Millenium looks amazing. If the group discovers there's almost a full rainbow of different versions, minus orange, you know where to look for that last stitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's still time if you want to get in on this. I haven't ordered the last three copies of the pattern yet. We're going to try to meet twice a month on Sunday afternoons. Let me know if you're interested. I think it'll be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete