It seems that I spend an inordinate amount of time stitching with very little to show for it. Herewith, my progress on the ANG SOTM and Stars.
I finished up the February installment of the SOTM. I like the way my colors are working up so far. At my Tuesday night stitching group, Sharon and Julie were both working on theirs. It's interesting how different each of ours will be, and how impatient we all are for the rest of the piece. Hahaha. The hardest part is not making changes, as we all so love to do. I keep telling myself, "Wait to see how the third color's worked in before deciding to modify anything." Patience is not one of my strengths. (There are those who would regard that as an understatement.)
I stitched a bit more of the top border and made my first stab at the top left corner of Stars. I'm not very happy with it. The single strand of Pebbly Perle all but disappears, so I plan to rip out the whole corner and start again. That thread and stitch are the bottom layer, of course. But I'm also not happy with the overall coverage, which may be the result of my inexpert stitching. I'll practice a bit on a spare bit of canvas before I put it in again. The group's meeting again on the 28th, so I have time to fiddle with this part for a bit.
I spent most of my time at the Tuesday night group ripping out the dark periwinkle in the Florentine piece. I'm not happy with the coverage, and I also decided to use the darker shade of that color. The other looked a little washed out. I'm going to have to practice laying my stitches and controlling the tension better. When I tried the Needlepoint Silk instead of Splendor, I still didn't get the coverage I wanted and had to use one more strand to get the same coverage as with the Splendor. Even though I'm having problems, I do enjoy stitching bargello. Maybe if I practice a bit more, I'll be happier with the result.