1.18.2010

Ready, willing, and waiting

I've got my canvas attached to my Evertites and mounted on the Lowery. I'm itching to get started on "Stars for a New Millenium." All I need is some thread. Sigh.
In the meantime, I finished stitching "Maya" but haven't decided how to finish it. I'm tempted to put it on a tote bag, but I haven't found one that I like yet.
In the past few weeks I've collected two framed pieces from Clive Shepherd of the Brit's Gallery. He did a magnificent job on both.
Many thanks to Donna LaBranche, needleworker not in paradise, for selecting the blackwork fills for and stitching the entire center image. I came up with the design and stitched the simply cross-stitch side pieces, but she did the hardest (to me) part. I wanted the design to include blackwork, but I have never actually done blackwork and found out just how hard that could be. This piece will be entered in the Woodlawn Needlework Exhibition next month as a collaboration between the two of us.
Turnberry Ridge will also be going over to Woodlawn.
kthxbai.

2 comments:

  1. Psst, SL - you know about the Threadworks online magazine, right? http://threadworx.typepad.com/ to subscribe. It's SUPER pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do, and I subscribe! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete